Tips for Taking Kids on Safari
Although Safaris are often associated as an adult activity there are various lodges and bush camps which cater to the needs of families and children. There’s something magical about experiencing nature with your family in the African Bush and spending time outdoors, tracking animals, identifying spoor’s and sharing tales and memories around the camp fire. Children gain so much from a safari experience, a trip to the African Bush will be a lifelong remembrance. Pictures attached that should be on Tips for kids on safari. We know that some lodges and hotel do not accept young children on safari, but there are plenty that do. We have selected a handful for you that promise to ensure that the whole family gets enjoys an African Safari. The little ones will have an amazing time, below are just a few things that they can look forward to:
- Big 5 safaris and game drives (in closed vehicles)
- Mini Bush walks with a qualified tracker and ranger
- Mini Ranger training , identifying tracks, animals, dung, insects etc.
- Babysitting/ child minder services when the adults need some alone time
- Children’s fun clubs to keep kids busy and having fun
- Swimming pools and/or beaches
- Arts, crafts and games
- Family rooms with twin beds, couches and cots
We have many lodges that encourage families to go on safari and there are many that even have special children’s clubs and activities available, making your family holiday an easier and more pleasant experience. Our helpful consultants can answer any question about going on a family adventure that your might have.