ULTIMATE FAMILY SAFARI GETAWAY:
6 DAY PACKAGE (CAN BE MODIFIED)
Day 1 – 3 AFRICA ON FOOT SAFARI CAMP:
Experience a Kruger Walking Safari with Africa on Foot.
Africa on Foot Camp has five chalets and a tree house where more adventurous guests can sleep under the stars. Two of the chalets are family units. Africa on Foot offers the ideal Kruger Park Safari Accommodation because it offers an authentic experience
At the Africa on Foot camp they pride themselves on being not only eco-friendly but also child-friendly. The rangers and guides are quite used to keeping the little ones entertained and are always happy to teach them about wildlife and the bush. Children of all ages are welcome at Africa on Foot , from the smallest cubs to toddlers ! Africa on Foot is ideal for families seeking a child-friendly safari in the Kruger.
Africa on Foot have designed a specialised “Kids Programme” for children 12 years and younger. This include:
- Short interpretive walks around the camp which empower children with bird, tree & insect identification skills.
- Tracks & dung identification with your experienced ranger. Learning about animals, tracking, birding, vegetation, identifying animals, birds, tracks , trees & dung.
- Games & art activities, such as making collages from materials that you’ll have to find yourself around or inside the camp.
- Treasure hunt inside the camp with your ranger who will help familiarising everyone with the camp & boundaries.
- Face painting for the smaller children.
- Bug hunting; collecting different species of bugs in your bug container and identifying them afterwards with your ranger.
- Picnic with your ranger will provide endless fun for the cubs
- For the smaller children who can’t participate in the walks we have colouring in “competitions”.
- After night drives & dinner your ranger will teach you all about the stars and different constellations.
- After a fun-filled day there will be a bedtime story waiting for you.
Day 3 – 6 JOCK SAFARI LODGE:
Fitzpatrick’s Lodge at Jock Safari Lodge is a 3 room stand-alone lodge offering families personal service in an intimate atmosphere.
Upon arrival the host and/or ranger will discuss activity options with the family taking the family’s size, children’s ages and the weather into consideration.
Child minding is available at an additional cost for children younger than 4 years as they are too young to join the game drives. Each child will receive a gift pack containing small gifts, some of which they can use during their stay at Fitzpatrick’s Lodge at Jock.
- Visit the Stevenson Hamilton museum in Skukuza
- On route to and from Skukuza they will enjoy a game drive (in closed vehicle) which will stop at all the lookout points to enjoy refreshments
- Junior ranger training while on kiddies drive
- Night walk within the camp
Arts, Crafts and Games
- Play dough session
- Mini Chef’s
- Scrap books, paper, scissors, glue crayons, pencils & paints
- Puzzles of varying sizes and difficulties covering a broad age range
- A selection of entertaining and educational children’s books
- A selection of fun board games
- All swimming activities must be supervised by parents at all times
- Children younger than 4 years are too young to join game drives
- Child minding is done by lodge staff and can be arranged with reservations prior to arrival at an additional cost
- Please ensure that all children bring good walking shoes, a large hat and sunscreen and any medicine used to treat allergies
Rates: Please email us for more information